January 27, 2022

Beyond Going Long

Complete UK News World

Swiss Cup: Slovakia – Switzerland 2:3, today’s result

Yesterday 22:01

Slovak hockey players finished second at the Swiss Cup (NaturEnergie Challenge) in Visby. In Friday’s live match to determine the first place, they lost to the home team by only 2:3.

Switzerland-Slovakia duel you can watch online at SPORT.sk >>

Read also

Slovaks’ reactions after the loss to Switzerland: There could have been an extension and maybe…

Milos Klimen took care of Slovakia’s two goals. The replacement was Kilian Mutit. Craig Ramsey’s teams defeated Latvia 6:2 in the first match.

Kleiman won the award for the best player in Slovakia, while the award for the two goals was won by Denis Holenstein.

Organizers in Visby had to change the entire tournament program shortly before the start after the Norwegians withdrew from it due to the country’s stricter pandemic measures. Slovakia was originally supposed to play the first match on Thursday, but eventually competed with Latvia on Wednesday only shortly after they reached the tournament grounds.

For Slovakia, this was the last match before the Winter Olympics in Beijing.

Swiss Cup:

Switzerland – Slovakia 3:2 (0:1, 1:0, 2:1)

Objectives: 35. Holenstein (Haas), 43. Holenstein (Braplan), 57. Muttet (Marti, Muller) – 9. Klemen (Gernat), 46. Kleimann (Zozen).

Referees: Tscherrig (CHE), Campbell (CAN) – Obwegeser (CHE), Ondracek (Czech Republic), Commentary: 4:5 for two minutes, Power-ups: 1:0, Weak: 0:0.

Switzerland: Bera – Hildner, Gering, Lovell, Marty, Glauser, Chris, Sutter, Le Coulter – Brablan, Haas, Hollenstein – Bertchi, Malgin, Cherui – Ryatt, Walser, Mutt – Zinder, Sentineler, Muller

Slovakia: Rybár – Bučko, Gernát, Gachulinec, Golian, Vitaloš, Ivan – Kelemen, Hudáček, Zuzin – Baláž, Gríger, Varga – Regenda, Roman, Bondra – Koch, iška, Mucha

See also  Test: BMW iX xDrive40 - The future has its limits - Car tests - The car

The Slovaks played a game of strength after 78 seconds, but did not succeed at all, they could not stay in the attack zone, moreover, soon after its end, they had to defend themselves against the odds. The Swiss pushed the opponent after an unnecessary foul by Koch and in the sixth minute, after deleting in front of Ribar, the disc almost went into the net. However, Ramsey did not manage to communicate with her, as his teammates had hoped, and the ball went out. Kelemen netted a foul, but Riat knocked it in, making it 0 – 1. It was 0 – 1 at the break. After the 11th minute, Bertschy could have reduced the lead with a powerful shot from the left flank, had it not been for an excellent save by the visiting team’s goalkeeper. Puck took the offending player himself, but Rybár caught his cheater in the back. The second power in the match was much better for the Slovaks and they could have won 2:0, but goalkeeper Beira made a superb intervention by arresting Zuzin’s shot into the completely exposed goal. The Slovaks improved in the second half of the third and had more game. Girnat shot in the 16th minute, but Bera was back in place.

After 24 minutes, Zehnder advanced down the right flank and was very close to equalizing the home team, but he didn’t hit the net. And the Slovak goalkeeper sweated a minute later, when Malgin rushed towards him again from the left, which didn’t work even from the end. The pressure from the locals, who have played more aggressively and, above all, more direct has continued since the second season. In the 26th minute, the fans raised their hands above the heads, but Gernat took out a jumping disc in front of the goal line. The Slovaks did not know what to do at the moment and stopped the attack only because of Koch’s fault. One by one they hit Rybár and Senteler’s flush almost ended in the net. The Slovaks came to Beira sporadically, were slower during the pucks and basically threw them in. In the 32nd minute, Zuzin almost put another guest team in front as he penetrated the middle and shot from outside the penalty area directly, but his shot went over the crossbar directly. In the 35th minute, the home team managed to equalize. The Slovakian formation was on the ice for a long time, lost the disc behind the goal and Hollenstein used the focus against Rybár – 1: 1. In the 37th minute the home team managed to take a 1 – 0 lead when Suttera hit the ball after a cross from the right. In the end, their other chances did not materialize, thanks mainly to Ribau. The Swiss team won the second half with 21: 3 shots.

See also  Scientists blow models of stars into a virtual black hole to see who will survive

At the beginning of the third half, they turned the tide of the match. After only a few seconds, Roman went to the penalty area, which the locals punished at the end of the power game. In the 43rd minute, Brablan passed from behind the goal, the ball got to Holenstein and sent the host team to the front with his second goal in the match – 2: 1. Another strong unsuccessful play for the visitors followed, but after a while they managed to stay in the area, Clement sent a pass Strong in front of Beira and a puck knocked one of the home side’s defenders into the net – 2:2. Le Coultrea’s skateboarding boots outperformed the eye-catching Hudáček. After the equalizer, the match also tied, but the home team became increasingly dangerous in attack. In the 55th minute he got 1 against 1 Hudáek, his shot was taken from behind the defender by Berra, who immediately managed to shoot Gernát’s cannon out of the blue. The last minutes played at a high pace from side to side. The decision came in the 57th minute, when the defenses of the guests failed, Marty and Mott returned to the numbering and the second ball, called the puck, entered the net – 3: 2.