January 27, 2021

Govt-19: Hospitals across the UK begin to cancel emergency surgery to cope with the new corona virus outbreak | UK News

As corona virus cases continue to rise, hospitals across the UK are beginning to cancel emergency surgeries and specialist clinics.

All emergency surgeries, outpatient clinics and specialist nursing services are already suspended in some parts of South Wales as staff are re-employed to cope. COVID-19 Cases.

The Parts Health NHS Trust, which serves about 2.5 million people in East London, said it had moved to the “high pressure” stage of its winter expansion plan, postponing some routine procedures.

Mid and South Essex NHS The trust said it would also review non-urgent measures, which could lead to postponements.

Live COVID-19 updates from the UK and around the world

A Parts health spokesman said: “We are treating a large number of patients with COVID-19, we have moved to a ‘high pressure’ stage in line with our winter expansion plan and are taking steps to keep our patients safe.

“This includes postponing some routine procedures in the coming days so we can re-employ staff and increase the number of critical care and public beds.”

Image:
The number of Govt-19 patients hospitalized in the UK on December 16 was 15,465

The foundation, which operates at four major hospital bases in Royal London, St Bartholomew’s, Whips Cross and Newham, said the project would not affect cancer patients and that people would be contacted directly if their chosen procedures were to be postponed.

Tom Abel, deputy chief executive of the Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation, said the foundation was dealing with a growing number of corona virus patients and urged people to follow the rules.

READ  Former England men's Test cricketer Dan Smith has died at the age of 97

He said: “As the hospital is open, patients are expected to attend scheduled appointments and procedures normally.

“The number of COVID-19 patients we are caring for is increasing and it is essential that our patients and the local community follow national guidelines to help keep people safe.”

The total number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized in the UK was 15,465 on Wednesday, up from 13,467 a week earlier.

During the first wave of the virus, that number rose to 18,974 on April 12.

In Wales, a joint report representing three regions, Bridget, Rhonda Sinon Duff and Mertir Tightfill, acquired the virus, equivalent to nearly four people every 10 minutes.

“Our church areas have the highest spread rates in the top 20 areas across the UK,” the report said.

Use the Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Covid Spike puts Wales in the post-Christmas lockout

CVM said emergency cancer services will continue and other emergency patients will be found.

“This decision was not taken lightly because we know that those in our community may not have access to some local NHS services and that many patients may have to wait longer for outpatient appointments and operations,” they said.

“However, with the spread rates and the increase in hospital admissions, there is no other option but to continue to provide essential and emergency services.”

Subscribe to the Daily Podcast Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Speaker

The services that stood out at Bridget, Rhonda Sinon Duff and Mertir Tightfill are as follows:

  • All non-emergency outpatient clinics – including face-to-face and virtual
  • All non-emergency scheduled surgery
  • All specialized nursing clinics
  • All non-emergency diagnostic services (e.g. radiology / endoscopy)
READ  New ‘single lanes’ pop up in Poland and UK

The move follows a statement from the Welsh government Controls mixing at Christmas For two houses, more than the three previously announced.

The country will be locked up again for three weeks from December 28, covering non-essential retail, hospitality and hairdressers.