Caldera launches in Pacific Call of Duty: Warzone next week as part of Call of Duty: Vanguard/Warzone Season 1 and Activision has provided some details on what to expect from the new battlefield. The caldera will serve 15 different areas, including the naval base, solar lagoon, and coastal capital, as well as hundreds of individual points of interest. You can see some of the sights in the new Caldera trailer below.
Meanwhile, here’s a new look at the Caldera map that expands the version leaked earlier this month (click on the image for full resolution).
In addition to the new map, Warzone Pacific will introduce a new mode – Vanguard Royale – as well as a number of new game features and improvements. Get an overview of everything, below.
- Duke It Out Faux Vanguard Royal: Go to Vanguard Royale, the leading list of recommended songs at the launch of the first series. Including a new suite of vehicles such as fighters and an off-road ATV, as well as an effective loot system that exclusively supports Vanguard weapons, this is the best way to experience World War II in Caldera. Experience in-game events with each crash and discover powerful things in the world and as a reward for completing contracts.
- Maintain your gulag equipment: Players who win their match in Gulag will now return to the map with the equipment they received before the duel. Deal with the enemy effectively and return to the caldera with more tools at your disposal.
- Scale adjustments: In preparation for the launch of Warzone Pacific, Raven Software has focused on a number of balancing changes. Dead silence does not fight. The stop wheels are gone. Stunning grenades, heart rate sensors, and melee weapons are also modified. Also expect increased power, especially for tactical and lethal equipment.
- Stimulus adjustments: Players will be able to purchase Gear Drop Marks from purchase stations after a Gear Drop event in a match, which will increase the importance of the theft game loop while at the same time slightly altering the balance of the match performance curve.
- Gas mask changes and new gas canisters: Gas masks don’t interrupt as many actions as before, so you can focus on the movement as you fight in and around the circuit. Season one also features a gas container that releases the same noxious fumes when detonated, albeit on a smaller scale.
- shallow water: The shallow waters in areas like the lake make it difficult to see enemy tracks, even with Tracker Perk gear. Workers who sit in the water at the knees also get cold-blooded effects. Finally, firefighting equipment now emits smoke when impacted by the water, providing new layers of tactics when passing through shallow puddles.
- Contracts and public events: Caldera introduces new contracts such as Supply Drop Contract and Big Game Bounty. Public events such as Restocks and Resurgences from Rebirth Island are also coming to Caldera.
The California Department of Employment and Housing (DFEH) has filed a lawsuit against Activision Blizzard, alleging the prevalence of gender discrimination and sexual harassment at the Call of Duty publisher. You can get more details about this cutting edge story here.
Call of Duty: Warzone Pacific and the new Caldera map launch on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on December 8. It will also be playable on Xbox Series X/S and PS5 thanks to backwards compatibility.
“Analyst. Total tv trailblazer. Bacon fanatic. Internet fanatic. Lifelong beer expert. Web aficionado. Twitter buff.”