Pro triathlete Alice Hector has been reviewing the 32Gi Sports Nutrition range, the official sports nutrition for Challenge Roth and used by Jodie Swallow amongst others.32Gi Read More »
With 32Gi Sports Nutrition now landed in the UK (the official sports nutrition for Challenge Roth), we thought we would get the professionals to put it Read More »
UK grass roots apparel company Bonk have announced they are to wind up at the end of this year. Things have been quiet at Bonk for Read More »
A new triathlon book celebrating the triathletes, races and gear that make up one of the fastest-growing sports in the world. Triathlon racing – competition across Read More »
Former European Champion Track Cyclist and sports nutrition supremo, Tim Lawson is a pretty familiar name in the cycling industry. With over twenty years experience of Read More »
Jobs in triathlon: Marketing and PR Intern – Bonk
Bonk are recruiting for a summer intern to work in a variety of disciplines across the branding and marketing strategy of this growing and dynamic company.
Bonk is a young, independent and evolving company with exciting growth plans. This is an open ended role suitable for someone who is really looking to get their teeth stuck into a project, it will suit someone who is creative, has entrepreneurial spirit and who is really determined to get the most out of an internship.
The role is a three month internship, ideal for a student looking to gain work experience during the summer holidays. Working predominantly from home, the successful candidate will be involved in implementing social media strategy, PR, events, sponsorship and advertising.
This is not a tea-making job! It’s a hand’s on position for someone looking to demonstrate their attributes by really getting stuck into all aspects of the sales and marketing strategy of a fresh innovative brand, one that is looking to breathe new life into the endurance sports scene.
- Social Media: Monitor and implement social media output, gather data to track results, develop new strategy and provide recommendations on how to optimize social media engagement.
- Implementing an effective PR and media campaign to maximise brand visibility.
- Assist in planning medium to long term marketing and branding strategy.
- Work on ad hoc marketing events and promotions.
- Team Management – Liaising with coaches and athletes on blog and training content.
- Event Sales Support: Involved in strategy, POS brand building and direct sales at events throughout the summer. This will involve some weekend commitments.
- Website: Work with team to execute effective website content and updates including Training, Video, Music and e-newsletter development.
Ideally the candidate will have a passion for sport, notably triathlon, swimming, cycling or running, strong social media skills, and most importantly a desire to use the internship as an opportunity to be creative, bring fresh ideas and a strong work ethic to the Bonk environment.
The ideal candidate will be available for 3 days per week for the 3 month period June-August
Please note this is an unpaid work placement, but travel expenses will be covered.