Pro triathlete Alice Hector has been reviewing the 32Gi Sports Nutrition range, the official sports nutrition for Challenge Roth and used by Jodie Swallow amongst others.32Gi Read More »
With 32Gi Sports Nutrition now landed in the UK (the official sports nutrition for Challenge Roth), we thought we would get the professionals to put it Read More »
UK grass roots apparel company Bonk have announced they are to wind up at the end of this year. Things have been quiet at Bonk for Read More »
A new triathlon book celebrating the triathletes, races and gear that make up one of the fastest-growing sports in the world. Triathlon racing – competition across Read More »
Former European Champion Track Cyclist and sports nutrition supremo, Tim Lawson is a pretty familiar name in the cycling industry. With over twenty years experience of Read More »
Jobs in Triathlon: Senior Operations Manager
Human Race is a leading mass participation sports event business with over 50 events in an expanding portfolio. Owning and managing events across running, swimming, cycling and triathlon, we are looking for a Senior Operations Manager primarily to deliver our cycling events as well as assist in the delivery in other events in the calendar.
Purpose of the role:
To manage the delivery of events within the Human Race (HR) portfolio and to ensure that events are delivered to a high specification, therefore continuing to uphold our reputation in the marketplace. To ensure that each race is planned and organised in advance, therefore facilitating a smooth and efficiently run event on the day. To ensure that each race adheres and complies with health and safety requirements. To provide operational support to the Directors and race team. To research and develop new event concepts and venues.
Main responsibilities of the job:
- To manage events within the existing Human Race portfolio at Event Director level, specifically the Dragon Ride, Etape Cymru and Cycletta Series but also other events across swimming, running and triathlon.
- Production of event documentation including but not limited to route maps, site plans, operations manuals, health & safety documentation, staff responsibilities, SAG meetings, road closures, traffic management plans etc.
- To liaise with the marketing and administration departments to ensure all relevant information is communicated.
- Ensuring that all permissions, risk assessments and method statements are completed and submitted in a timely fashion.
- To manage the event site and route including all infrastructure and personnel throughout set up, event day(s) and break down.
- To assist in the management of all Human Race equipment both on site at events and in storage throughout the year.
- To ensure our events adhere to safe working practices and procedures. Documenting and communicating those practices where necessary.
- Identify opportunities to improve operations and service methods and procedures; assist in the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for assigned areas to ensure quality service.
- Manage operational event staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific tasks.
- Contracting and managing suppliers to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide their services whilst staying within budgeted limits.
- To manage event budgets and report to the Senior Management Team where required.
- Ensure that all operational documents are maintained and updated (e.g. operations manuals and time lines).
- To assess new venues and routes for new events and to work with the Senior Management Team to identify new event opportunities and concepts.
- With the Head of Operations to ensure the successful delivery of events.
- With the Senior Management Team to ensure strong business compliance and strategic planning and delivery.
- With Operations staff and crew.
With event stakeholders such as venues, councils, SAG members, residents and businesses, participants, contractors.
- Plan and organise events to a high standard.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Interact courteously and effectively with the participants, staff, contractors and the public.
- Analyse problems, identify alternative solutions, propose actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Deal effectively with challenging queries and situations.
- Manage sensitive and confidential matters or situations.
- Plan and deliver events on budget and to manage event budgets directly.
- Provide administrative and professional leadership and direction for other members of the operations team, temporary crew and contractors.
- Research, analyse, and evaluate new service delivery methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Select, supervise, train, and evaluate staff.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Focus on Quality.
- Prioritise participant experience.
Relevant experience for the role:
- Experience of organising mass participation sports events at either Operations Manager or Event Director level.
- Experience of organising closed roads events and managing the road closure process.
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour.
- Team player, resourceful and with an ability to work using their own initiative.
Clear, efficient and effective decision making skills
Other Significant Role Requirements: Any other factors which have a bearing on a candidate’s ability to perform
A love of sport, particularly running, swimming and cycling and an energetic disposition. Car owner/driver.
5+ Years in Event Operations.
To degree level
Please document any additional relevant qualifications clearly.
£30k – £40k per annum
Please submit your application with salary expectations and C.V. by 7th December 2012 via email to:
or by post to:
Units 6 & 7
Typhoon Business Centre
Vote for Beyond Going Long as Best Triathlon Website
Like what you read? The prestigious Tri220 Triathlon Show Awards are now accepting nominations for the 2013 show. It would mean the world to me if you could take 2 minutes to show your support and vote forwww.beyondgoinglong.co.uk in BEST TRIATHLON WEBSITE category.
Nominations are being accepted here: http://www.220triathlon.com/competition/220-triathlon-awards-2013
Thank you so much.